•1 pound beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges •1 pound carrots—scrubbed, cut into 2-inch lengths, and halved lengthwise if large •1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into wedges •1/4 cup red wine vinegar •3 tablespoons olive oil •2 sprigs fresh rosemary •kosher salt and black pepper
Instructions: Heat oven to o450° F. Toss the beets, carrots, onions, vinegar, oil, rosemary, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, tossing once, until the vegetables are tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
It is truly that easy! Enjoy!
Enjoy the comfort of 'stuffing' without feeling overly stuffed! This vegan recipe is full of flavor.
-2 Large Loaves of Bread (my preference is one loaf of Aldi Simply Organic Sprouted Grain bread and a large Tuscan Bread)
- 2 Cups Diced White onions
-3 Cups Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
-2 Cups Diced Celery
-8- 12 cups of Vegetable Broth
-6 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
-4 Tablespoons Salt
-8 Tablespoons of Aldi, Stonemill Ground Sage
- 2 Teaspoons of Aldi Stonemill Ground Tyme
-Pepper to taste
1. One to two nights before, cube your bread (leave crust on) and place it in a large casserole dish.
2. Sprinkle the bread with salt and sage.
3. In a large sauce pan, mix 1 cup of vegetable broth, time and diced vegetables over medium heat. Allow vegetables to simmer until soft. Do not boil, simmer at least 20 minutes.
4. In a separate container, preferably a shaker bottle or mason jar with a tight lid, mix 1/2 cup of vegetable broth with corn starch. Shake mixture until corn starch is thoroughly mixed.
5. Add thickened mixture to vegetable broth and vegetable mix.
6. Gradually mix in the rest of the vegetable broth.
7. Once well mixed and warm, pour gravy over bread mixture and stir.
8. Season to taste with additional salt, pepper or ground sage.
(1) Your bread should be fairly firm before you begin to add gravy
(2) This is so much easier than you think!
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist from Northwest PA. Passionate about wholesome, nourishing and delicious food! Sharing her favorite recipes and tips on healthy eating and improving your lifestyle to live a fulfilling life!