Delicious dip or side dish!
Molly’s favorite is to add chopped grilled chicken and serve on a bed of leafy greens for a wonderful chopped salad!
4 Cups Cooked Quinoa (SimplyNature)
1 medium diced Red Onion
1 Cup Chopped Parsley
1 Medium Cucumber, peeled and chopped
Mix 3-4 Tbsp of Red wine vinegar & 3-4 Tbsp of olive oil with garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste. Pour dressing over salad mix. Serve chilled.
1. Rinse your quinoa before you cook it (if you measure then rinse it is much easier)
2. If you are not usuing a seedless Cucumber core the seeds out
3. Flat verses curly parsley - flat usually has more flavor and Curley is typically used for decoration. Always wash both well if you are purchasing from a super market but either are fine. My choice - curly.
4. Enjoy as a side dish or add it to a "nourish bowl"!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
· 1 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
· 2 Whole Lemons
· 3 Cups Watermelon, cubed then puréed
· 2 Tbsp Truvia
· 3 Cups of Ice
· 4 oz of Alcohol of choice (not required)
1. In a medium sized bowl or beverage pitcher add fresh mint leaves and truvia. Muddle together to extract the mint essential oil from the leaves.
2. Slice one whole lemon in half and juice right into the mint mixture. Slice the remaining lemon in quarters. Squeeze the quartered lemon slices then add to muddled mixture.
3. In a blender, puree 3 cups of watermelon until pulverized. Pour into mint and lemon, then stir.
4. Add alcohol if desired and pour of a fresh glass of ice.
5. Garnish with a spring of mint, lemon wedge or watermelon.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist from Northwest PA. Passionate about wholesome, nourishing and delicious food! Sharing her favorite recipes and tips on healthy eating and improving your lifestyle to live a fulfilling life!